Persons with Disabilities
A Skills Training Partnership is a unique project designed to assist employers in developing training programs that prepare qualified job seekers with disabilities for employment.
A Skills Training Partnership (STP)® is a unique project experience designed to match job seekers with disabilities with available jobs. An STP® is an employment model designed for job seekers with disabilities to become fully trained for real opportunities for employment. The STP® model has integrated over 400 persons with disabilities into the workforce with a success rate of 83% employment retention.
STP® is a results-based employment model founded upon partnership. It is completed in progressive steps:
1. A disability employment agency partners with an employer.
2. Employers select job seekers with disabilities (STP® participants) for available jobs.
3. Pre-employment training is customized to meet the needs of participant and employers.
4. Participants complete pre-employment training to enhance employability skills, and prepare for the actual work experience.
5. Employers receive disability awareness training to prepare the workplace for increased diversity.
6. Hired participants begin their new jobs, supported by the disability employment agency during the transition to work experience.
The STP® Project Life Cycle
STP® participants benefit as they enter into successful employment relationships. Persons with disabilities who have completed STP® projects report increased self-knowledge, self-confidence, and self-esteem.
- Increased awareness of your ‘rights and responsibilities’ in securing employment
- Strategies for addressing your disability, showcasing your abilities, and best practices regarding disclosure
- Enhance essential workplace and employment skills
- Access real opportunities for employment
- Cover letter and resume writing assistance
- Develop your interview and job search skills
- Expert assistance to support you through the transitional period as a new employee
- Access to tools and strategies to support your job search and achieve your career goals
Register and access the Skills Training Partnership (STP)® model 100% free of charge!
STP® participants ultimately benefit as they enter into the workforce in successful employment relationships. Persons with disabilities who have completed STP® projects report increased self-knowledge, self-confidence, and self-esteem.
Once you register, you’ll have access to:
- A live, interactive blog
- STP® graduate testimonials
- Who to contact and how to proceed to complete a STP® project
- Eligibility requirements
- Pre-employment training overview
- Resources to support your job search
- Information on ‘Rights and Responsibilities’ in securing employment
- An overview of the STP® approach
- Frequently Asked Questions
STP® is available 100% free of charge! The CCRW agrees to support the success of each STP® project. The CCRW will follow up with all registrants for statistical and evaluation purposes. Please read our registration disclaimer for more information.